Kill a Broad Range of Microorganisms Fast
Ready-to-Use Bleach Disinfectants: Proven to Kill C. difficile, Trusted Against Emerging Pathogens
Effective against 50 pathogens, including C. difficile spores.* Ready-to-use formula is conveniently available in spray, pull-top and refill bottles.
You never know which pathogens are in your facility and which surfaces they're on. Bleach is cited by more clinical studies to kill C. difficile than any other active ingredient—and it meets CDC criteria for emerging pathogens.1 Be ready with our ready-to-use bleach disinfectants.
- Kills C. difficile spores in 3 minutes*, tested in the presence of a 3-part soil load.
- EPA-registered to kill outbreak-causing viruses such as Norovirus, MERS-CoV, SARS-CoV, Influenza A and B, and Enterovirus D68.
- Meets CDC, SHEA and APIC guideline recommendations for killing C. difficile spores.
- Meets OSHA bloodborne pathogens standard.
- Cleans and disinfects in one step.
- Available in sprays, pull-top and refill bottles for your convenience.
The HAI environment is constantly evolving, and Clorox Healthcare® Bleach Germicidal Cleaners are designed to kill a broad range of pathogens including:
- C. difficile spores (3 min)
- MDROs such as Acinetobacter baumannii, Enterobacter aerogenes, VRE and MRSA (1 min)
- Emerging/re-emerging pathogens such as SARS-CoV, MERS-CoV, Enterovirus D68 and Measles Virus
Clorox Healthcare® Bleach Germicidal Cleaners are premixed, ready to use and similar to the 1:10 bleach solution strength that is recommended by CDC guidelines for effective disinfecting. Clorox Healthcare® Bleach Germicidal Cleaners contain an anticorrosive ingredient that makes them less damaging to surfaces or equipment than conventionally prepared bleach solutions.
Versatile, Ready-to-Use Cleaner Disinfectants
Compared to the CDC-recommendation of a 1:10 bleach solution for controlling infection-causing pathogens, Clorox Healthcare® products are more convenient to use and remain stable for up to 18 months after original manufacture date.
Cleaner disinfectant in one step:
The detergent and anticorrosive ingredients of Clorox Healthcare® disinfecting products make them excellent cleaner disinfectants for use on hard, nonporous surfaces such as chrome, enamel, fiberglass (sealed) surfaces, Formica®, glass, glazed ceramic tile, laminated surfaces, plastic, stainless steel and vinyl. For best results, apply the cleaning solution directly to the surface until it is completely wet for the contact time indicated on the label.
For unfamiliar surfaces, test in a small, inconspicuous area first. Consult medical equipment warranty information and equipment care and cleaning guides prior to selecting and using any surface disinfectant on plastic surfaces.
Unlike bleach and water solutions, Clorox Healthcare® Bleach Germicidal Cleaner contains detergent, so it cleans and disinfects in just one step. Additionally, because it is premixed, ready to use, and stable, it eliminates the labor costs associated with mixing and labeling bleach solutions.
Use Sites and Applications
Autoclaves, blood glucose monitors, IV poles, exam tables, bed railings, dialysis machines, respiratory equipment, ultrasound transducers and probes, gurneys, mammography equipment, plastic mattress covers, phlebotomy trays, reception counters, stretchers, wash basins and wheelchairs
Chairs, counters, operatory hard surfaces and light lens covers
Animal equipment, cages, fountains and clinic surfaces
Countertops, autoclaves and blood glucose monitors
- General Use
Doorknobs, hand railings, changing tables, highchairs, playpens, bath tubs, sinks and toilets
Clorox Healthcare® Bleach Germicidal Cleaner, an ideal solution from Chemex Industres, Inc.
Meets the standards of your healthcare peers and leading institutions:
- 1:10 bleach dilution, 0365% (6500 ppm) sodium hypochlorite
- Meet CDC and APIC guidelines for surface disinfection of the toughest healthcare pathogens Used by 5 of U.S. News and World Report's Top Most Influential Hospitals
- One-step cleaning and disinfecting: no precleaning required
- Fast-acting bleach disinfectant with broad-spectrum efficacy
- Pre-mixed, ready-to-use 1:10 bleach solution at a concentration that is recommended by CDC guidelines
- One-minute kill time for bacteria, viruses and fungi
- Broad-spectrum efficacy against 40 microorganisms
- Meets OSHA blood borne pathogen standards
- Cleans and disinfects in just one step, no pre-cleaning required