CDC- Anti-Clog #1 Units are the ideal antidote for unwanted slime and bacteria growth in condensate drain pans.
When there's cooling equipment, there's often trouble. Why? - Air conditioner and refrigeration drain pans are breeding grounds for slime, sludge and toxic bacteria; all of which may cause major health and maintenance problems.
What if you could eradicate these problems month after month - easily and efficiently? You can... with CDC Anti-Clog #1 Units, a drain maintenance product that's so effective, its registered by the EPA (Environmantal Protecion Agency) and NFS International.
As powerful as it is compact, CDC Anti-Clog #1 Units eliminate:
- Clogging and drain pan overflows caused by slime build-up
- Musty odors caused by bacteria-slime accumulation.
- Safe, self-contained, tamper-proof packaging
- Mix and max units fit any size equipment
- EPA and NSF International registered
- Created over 30 years ago by CDC, a leader in the field
- Each unit stays effective for a full three months
- Unique design will not clog drain pan
CDC Anti-Clog Units: Superior Chemical Formulation
CDC Anti-Clog #1 units control the growth of slime-forming bacteria,
leading to a safer environment. Our new and improved chemical formulation is:
- Registered by EPA and NSF International
- 40% high efficiency biocides (by weight)
- pH neutralized to help prevent pan corrosion
- Effective in all climates for three months, 24 hours a day
- Initial placement shocks water, then biocide is time-released
Who should use CDC Anti-Clog Units?
- Office Buildings
- Schools and Universities
- Commercial/Industrial Buildings
- Hotels and Motels
- Nursing Homes
- Cruise Ships
- Apartment Buildings
Why You Need CDC Anti-Clog #1 Units
Have you seen your drain pan lately? It may be filled with slime. gunk and disease-causing bacteria.
Where does all this stuff come from? Why is the drain pan a catch-all for so many dangerous things?
Here's what happens:
1. Condensation: Cooling equipment creates cold air by passing warm air over
cooling coils. This process causes condensation or water droplets, to form and drip off the cooling coils - much like the droplets that form on the glass of an icy drink on a hot day.
2. Drainage: In large, commercial cooling equipment, it's unlawful for condensates
to drip out onto passersby and other objects. Therefore, a drain pan is used inside the unit to collect the moisture. Eventually, the condensate flows into a drain hole - and this is where potential trouble begins.
3. Bacteria: Bacteria, naturally present in water, produce "slime" as a waste product.
This slime can clog the drain port, causing the drain pan to overflow and possibly
result in flood damage. It also becomes an ideal breeding ground for harmful bacteria.
4. Petri-dish Effect: Warm, standing water in the drain pan can work like a giant
Petri-dish - cultivating bacteria and other potentially dangerous microorganisms;
the equipment's fan then blows these microbes back into the building, degrading
air quality and causing potential health problems.
CDC Anti-Clog #1 Units: Safe, Functional Design
CDC Anti-Clog #1 Units are safe, stable and easy to handle. You never have to touch dangerous chemicals and-unlike other products - it doesn't leave a slimy, waxy residue on fingers.
· Sealed, tamper-proof housing prevents skin contact with biocide
· Filter pad controls biocide for consistent, perfectly timed chemical release over three months
· Weighted, so pieces stay in position, never float away
· Does not clog drain ports
· Can be placed vertically or horizontally
· Low profile - fits most cooling equipment.
· Has been proven to control the growth of, or inactivate, Legionnaires' Disease Bacteria in experimental laboratory conditions for (2) months when approximately 15 gallons of water flow over CDC Anti-Clog #1 Units per day
COC Anti-Clog #1 Units are a Snap to Install
Simply place COC Anti-Clog #1 Units under cooling coils in the middle of the pan length, That's all you do! The product begins working immediately upon contact with water.
CDC Anti-Clog #1 Units Come In Four Convenient Sizes
CDC Anti-Clog #1 Units come in four easy-to-use sizes that can be mixed and matched for optimum effectiveness, Just place one or more in the drain pan and each application starts working immediately and continuously - 24 hours a day for three months, Have equipment over 45 tons? Simply combine the units for the protection you need, For example: If you have a 60-ton unit, use the Brick and the AT/C, For a 90- ton unit, use two bricks, It's that easy! Sizes are as follows:
Slim Strip: 6 1/2" Lx 1 1/2" W x 5/16" H
- For equipment up to 5 tons
- Fits easily into condensate pans with low profiles
FT/C: 2 3/4" L x 2 1/4" W x 1/2" H
- For Equipment up to 5 Tons
- Our Most Popular Size, perfect for higher-profile condensate pans
ATC: 3 5/8" L x 2 3/4" W x 7/8" H
- For Equipment up to 15 Tons
The Brick: 8 1/8" L x 2 3/16" W x 1 1/4" H
- For your equipment up to 45 tons